FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER- MUSIC FACTORY
At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE, our Guests, our People, and our Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That's YOU), our Fans & our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a foundation of daily routines, policies, and practices that ensure we stay Safe, Healthy, and Compliant with all regulations and laws – we also celebrate thinking differently and creating the WOW in the work we do each day. We call this Freedom within a Framework, and it allows us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing continuous improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or completing a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And though we are always busy and constantly changing – we also strive to show empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar Louie offers a culture that is as diverse and unique as YOU.
As a Front of House Manager, at Bar Louie – your number one focus is serving our guests and our Team Members (TMs). The safety, security, and wellbeing of our TMs, Guests, and Company assets is your passion. You have the "hospitality gene" and genuinely care about people. Your style is fun but extremely focused, and always professional. You have confidence, and we support Freedom that allows you to express your unique personality. BUT – you always lead within the Framework we have provided – never cutting corners and never allowing your team to cut corners either. As a member of Bar Louie's leadership team, you are charged with driving profitable sales within your gastrobar's 4-walls. You do this by adapting your leadership style to ensure you are getting consistently high performance from each member of your team. Speaking of the team – you know how to attract; hire; onboard; train and retain a GREAT Team. You know that each Team Member is a reflection of you, and you are always striving to be a great example. You are smart and efficient – able to lead an impactful pre-shift; run expo or jump on the line; coach a Team Member up and sometimes out; inspire our Guests – all while driving sales and running a safe and profitable shift. You take your cue from our guests – matching your style to their mood.
- Exemplify Bar Louie's Mission, Vision, and Values in the way you approach your shift each day.
- Demonstrate a maniacal commitment to cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and accurate financials.
- Support and lead your team on all Local/State/Federal and Company policies; processes and procedures.
- Provide tools and resources; coach and develop; redirect and recognize efforts of team members.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance
- Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment
- Complete all safe and secure training and processes as required.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.)
- Enter and Exit building SAFELY
- Complete all opening and/or closing procedures
- Follow all policies and processes communicated by your Manager or the Company.
- Greet incoming and departing guests to create a pleasant ambiance and experience.
- Manage the flow of guests into the dining areas and provide accurate wait times.
- Promptly answer incoming calls, take reservations, coordinate takeout and delivery services.
- Maintain a clean dining area and implement safe working practices.
- Develop strong communication and line reporting procedures to implement and improve processes that drive better service and cleanliness.
- Coordinate and lead management report meetings with key business leaders.
- Lead hiring, managing, scheduling and training of supervisors, team leads and staff members.
- Motivate the team to achieve their daily productivity and quality goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for operational issues, customer inquiries and escalations.
- Recommend continuous improvements to our processes, workflows and operations.
- Monitor and support customer service inquiries and promotions on social channels.
- Provide accurate availability; check the schedule regularly and have consistent attendance.
- All other duties based on business needs
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A successful Front of House Manager is not looking for a Monday thru Friday desk job where you are at a computer all day. A GM at Bar Louie thrives on engagement with people, with food and with beverages. Our GMs know how to throw a great party any time of day – without crossing the line and trying to become the "life of that party." Between administrative work, our growing delivery business, and 5 distinct Day Parts – our Front of House Managers are busy most of the day! If you thrive while leading in an environment that is fast-paced with competing priorities – welcome to Bar Louie.
Here are a few skills you should bring to Bar Louie on Day 1 –
- High school diploma or equivalent and be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Hospitality or restaurant experience with keen interest and knowledge of food service required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with Managers and Team Members and Guests.
- The ability to coach and develop people at all experience levels to succeed within their role.
- The ability to develop positive relationships with Team Members and Managers.
- The ability to multi-task; manage deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly efficient, detail-oriented; focus on accuracy and organized.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Famous for your hospitality.
- The ability and desire to pursue constant improvement and personal growth.
- Presents a professional, business-like image while representing Bar Louie.
- Proficient in POS Systems; Inventory Systems and Microsoft Office software products.
BASIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
When working at a gastrobar location, Team members must be able to perform the duties of that location. The team member will frequently sit for short periods, talk via Cloud-Based video conferencing and the phone often, and hear and manipulate objects always.
Additional requirements will include lifting to 10 (ten) pounds regularly and up to 50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from floor to shoulder continuously and overhead infrequently and twisting and reaching frequently and grasping objects to move or manipulate always. Working in hot then cold environments for extended periods. May inadvertently bump into team members in a relatively small work area. Will stand and walk for extended periods. FREQUENT hand washing and sanitation is required. Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment. Team Member must be able to communicate with Guests and other Team Members and manipulate handheld and desktop devices.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.